We’re looking for an artworker with a rigorous eye for detail and the creative flare to deliver impactful outcomes
We are looking for a talented Artworker to join our team. Someone who is curious with a superb attention to detail and a creative eye to elevate design concepts and contribute to find the most impactful and efficient outcomes.
You’d need to have a thorough understanding of all kinds of print production, repro and digital media assets. Working closely with our design team you will carry out the technical implementation of their design concepts, producing consistent and accurate repro ready artwork. You must be able to problem solve and provide solutions to achieve final print production.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience within a creative team or similar artwork production role.
- Has a provable working knowledge of print/production techniques is aware of all the traditional print processes and their application (for packaging and corporate work).
- Outstanding knowledge of repro, know your Litho from your Gravure, your Grip from your Trap, with strong visualising and creative retouching skills (or at least a desire to learn more in this area).
- Communicate with printers and repro houses directly.
- Has awareness of latest production methods and a passion for the latest creative trends both print and digital.
- Be able to handle design aspects through to roll out of the production work.
- Demonstrates proficient Mac skills with working knowledge of Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Acrobat, Keynote – also possesses good general IT skills and technical knowledge.
- Skills in any of the following would also be beneficial: 3D modelling and rendering, After Effects, Film Editing, Web Design (Training can be provided in these areas).
- Know your way around managing Epson GMG colour proofing systems.
- Can produce artwork with speed and accuracy but also maintain a creative eye – layout and typographic skills are essential.
- Has brand implementation experience, is used to adhering to corporate or brand guidelines (any experience creating guidelines is also a bonus).
- Is actively seeking to learn and develop, but is also willing to share and mentor others within the studio where appropriate (designers or more junior staff).
- Must have an understanding of the design process and be confident in taking a brief to the highest standard whilst working to deadlines.
- A self-starter, well organised and self-motivated. A big picture thinker and problem solver as well as having a keen eye for detail.
- Has financial and commercial awareness and is able to ensure a link between time and budget is maintained.
- Good people / listening skills.
Why Born Ugly exists
At Born Ugly, we want our work to improve the experiences and lives of everyone who feels its impact. It should be remarkable, always.
We believe in
- Forging lasting relationships with each other and our clients
- Pursuing excellence, leaving no stone unturned to deliver wow
- Creating impact, through thought provoking, heart-pounding and break-through creative thinking
Who we want to work with
We want to work with talented individuals who think differently and who want to make a difference rather than just do a job.
Sound like you? Apply now
To apply, please send us a copy of your CV, portfolio and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Creative Artworker application’.
Not surprisingly, we get a huge number of applications, and while we do our best to reply to everyone it can sometimes take time. So our policy is simple: if your application is so brilliant that it creates an impact, then we’ll be in touch.
Our studio is based in Leeds (United Kingdom), but we’re location agnostic
We post all of our vacancies on Instagram and LinkedIn, so make sure you follow us to get up-to-date news of our opportunities. Like most companies these days, we may check out your social media footprint like Linkedin, Facebook and Instagram as part of our recruitment process in order to learn a little more about you.
We are committed to a policy of treating all our employees and job applicants equally. In fact, we believe that recruiting and developing a diverse workforce is essential to our success. So, we welcome applications from people whatever their age, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, political belief, trans-gender status, sex or marital status.